plumbing or piping as a career

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper66

Reaction score
how physical would you say plumbing or piping trade is? im 32 and im 5 7 and 145 lbs . im average build. im not young anymore and was wondering if i go back to school how hard and physical would it be

is the plumbing or piping trade hard to learn mentally??? physically demanding??? and how demanding

what trade would you say is the easiest to learn ?

There are plenty of guys your age that start a plumbing career. Depending on what you do. Some jobs may be difficult but in the same token plenty of jobs are easier being a small guy. I'm 5'10" and 160 lbs avg build and some jobs are difficult due to being a smaller guy but some jobs are easier. Schooling may be a bit difficult cause there plenty of memory involved but i think of you got some half decent hand skills with tools and like the blue collar type of work plumbing isn't a bad choice

It can vary from extremely physical, as in hand digging a house rough when it is 100 degrees outside, to easy physically but needing extensive knowledge, such as troubleshooting boilers or running medical gas.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist, but decent math and critical thinking skills are a big help.

I started my law enforcement career at 29 years old, so I can't see why this wouldn't work for you?

It can vary from extremely physical, as in hand digging a house rough when it is 100 degrees outside, to easy physically but needing extensive knowledge, such as troubleshooting boilers or running medical gas.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist, but decent math and critical thinking skills are a big help.

The one thing I would add is you need to have mechanical abilities. There are some people that don't have these abilities. If you're not mechanically inclined you done before you start.

Back