Plumbing mystery

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kko

Reaction score
Hi! I’m not a plumber- but would love insight! I live on the 6th floor of an apartment building. About 2 months ago, my super told me that the apartment on the 4th floor had water damage from my shower (but oddly not 5th)

This Tuesday, my super called me at 11:00 pm, saying water was going into the 4th floor apartment. My daughter was in the shower, but there was no water on the floor. On Wednesday, they sent plumbers to check for leaks and found none.
However- tonight- while my daughter was taking a shower again- the neighbor came up to say water was pouring in through his ceiling.

I’m so confused how it’s skipping the 5th floor bathroom. My husband and I thought maybe water was going through the vent (close to top of ceiling) - but I don’t think that’s possible. My daughter swears she isn’t doing anything different.
It’s just so odd because we all take showers and only 3x has it leaked 2 floors below. Any thoughts???
Thank you!

This is what I thought at first. However-
The leak is not in the apartment directly below- rather the apartment 2 floors below. I’ve been racking my brain all night trying to figure out how (if the water was going through the tiles) it’s skipping a floor.

The only way you may find were it's coming from is by doing a dye test, yes, I could be messy but so is the look leak, you could makesome sort of plastic curtain were the leak is try one color for one floor, another for another floor, or run hot water for one floor and cold for the other

Latest posts

Back