Plumbing for two showers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Castagnetto

Reaction score
I have two showers that are back to back (the end with the control valves share the same wall). While I don't anticipate two people taking a shower at the same time very often, what is the best way to maintain reasonable water pressure in the event that two people are taking a shower at the same time. I am using pex and have 3/4" lines running up to the shower valve before reducing them to 1/2". Should I use a manifold? Thanks

Why would you reduce to 1/2?

You can get shower valves that accept 3/4 inch.

Especially if there are multiple sprays in either shower, or rain shower heads, etc, you will want that high flow.

Either way, even if you reduce to 1/2 inch, you can run separate supplies for each shower.

That’s alright to do. You want to reduce it to maintain even pressure if both showers are used. Take some pictures so we see what your working on/ setup.

The built in pressure reduction for the individual shower heads would likely be more of a pressure/flow reduction than individual 1/2" lines.

So assuming you have sufficient pressure in your system, it shouldn't matter.

Back