Plumbing apprenticeship

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josiah244

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am interested in becoming a plumber, but I am in need of help as far as what I should do first. I know I need to get an apprenticeship program, but I was wondering any tips on how to get one or how to get started. I am in oregon.

find out what unions are in the area and see when they are taking apps. Our you could go to plumbing shops and apply for a job and then you have to check with the plumbing board on how to register

What kind of plumbing do you want to do?
Fix broken and worn out stuff that others messed up? Service and repair?
new Construction in track and/or custom homes?
Commercial/industrial pipe fitting?
More jobs in service and repair. When economy / building is slow. jobs are fewer to be had

Hello everyone, I am interested in becoming a plumber, but I am in need of help as far as what I should do first. I know I need to get an apprenticeship program, but I was wondering any tips on how to get one or how to get started. I am in oregon.
hello this is just my opinion....i worked for a plumbing union for 10 yrs....they have a great apprenticeship program meaning schooling but if the economy so south the employment does to.....the union i worked for only did commercial
plumbing no heating or residential..... so non union companies do everything including service plumbing(the repair/troubleshooting end of plumbing)heating air conditioning....drain cleaning.....its just an opinion but plumbing/drain cleaning is a great field if your young your getting in at the right time.....good luck

Back