Plumbers - What Questions do Customers Always ask?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JillianBaker

Reaction score
Hi! I write blogs and manage the web presences for various plumbers. I am always looking for great topics for the blogs, and the most search engine friendly topics are the questions that customers are typing into the search engines.

SO - What kinds of questions do you get asked all of the time?

Here's an example of some of the posts I've written recently:
I really appreciate the help! (By the way, most of my clients are in NJ/PA so if you're worried about helping out a direct competitor and are NOT from those states, you might be more comfortable answering!) ;)

Health risk of hot water growing bacteria from too low temp vs spending more monthly cost of heating to 140 degrees. People get very ill from water borne bacteria and never know why. They blame the cold fresh water. When 120 degree water is just a petree dish of bacteria. Dishwasher manufactures briefly cover this in instructions.

Why plumbers are afraid of mobile homes but the home owner doesn’t have to be. A home owner already thinks his house is just like a stick frame. It’s the tradesmen that think Mobil manufactures don’t use wood and drywall to build a house. The mechanical may need up grading or complete replacement but so does stick frame.

Hot water systems. Tank vs electric and gas tankless vs instant hot water.

And this one will get some feathers ruffled.
How some of the most experienced plumbers don’t know what “putty lock “ is on kitchen baskets and fiberglass shower drains. So they caulk it. Even the most popular you tube video does it wrong.

Why plumbers think they are god and it’s always the part that doesn’t operate correctly.

Are box store fixtures really manufactured by the same brand in 2 different buildings ? 1 building just for the few hundred supply house around nation and the other to supply the thousands of box stores. So that manufacture can sell a higher quality to the “pro”. Lol o my that’s funny. A contractor is more willing to buy the higher priced one??? Lol ha ha ha yeah right . Stay away from anything that advertises “contractor grade”. That means it’s junk and only last a year for that contractor to get out cheaper.

I think of more later

Thank you!
Not sure the why plumbers think they're god part would float well with my clients, LOL, but the rest is great material, thank you!

Health risk of hot water growing bacteria from too low temp vs spending more monthly cost of heating to 140 degrees. People get very ill from water borne bacteria and never know why. They blame the cold fresh water. When 120 degree water is just a petree dish of bacteria. Dishwasher manufactures briefly cover this in instructions.

Why plumbers are afraid of mobile homes but the home owner doesn’t have to be. A home owner already thinks his house is just like a stick frame. It’s the tradesmen that think Mobil manufactures don’t use wood and drywall to build a house. The mechanical may need up grading or complete replacement but so does stick frame.

Hot water systems. Tank vs electric and gas tankless vs instant hot water.

And this one will get some feathers ruffled.
How some of the most experienced plumbers don’t know what “putty lock “ is on kitchen baskets and fiberglass shower drains. So they caulk it. Even the most popular you tube video does it wrong.

Why plumbers think they are god and it’s always the part that doesn’t operate correctly.

Are box store fixtures really manufactured by the same brand in 2 different buildings ? 1 building just for the few hundred supply house around nation and the other to supply the thousands of box stores. So that manufacture can sell a higher quality to the “pro”. Lol o my that’s funny. A contractor is more willing to buy the higher priced one??? Lol ha ha ha yeah right . Stay away from anything that advertises “contractor grade”. That means it’s junk and only last a year for that contractor to get out cheaper.

I think of more later

Back