Plumber install Rheem Electric hybrid unit

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably shakes because there is not one strap / support on any of that pipe. Your element is turned into the sink. Good luck changing it in the future. Your best option is to remove the heater and have a competent plumber reinstall it
Anyone live in PA?

Hey, I know a good plumbing company, if you're interested. I'm using their services for a long time. My friend recommended them when my apartment was flooded by my neighbors in the middle of the night. They offer a 24-hour, 7-day weekly plumbing service. To arrive fast was the best decision they made. The work they did, has left me 100 percent satisfied. That time they saved me, and I'm very thankful for that. Since then, I recommend them to everyone I meet because it's hard to find suitable experts in plumbing. Wilco Killara Plumbers are the best team from this region because they offer very wast service options. I do hope that my suggestion will help you!

Last edited:
Are you sure these were licensed plumbers? A lot of jurisdictions let people work without a license if there is a licensed plumber supervisor. They then take advantage and have a company full of helpers installing plumbing that they shouldn't and there is one plumber somewhere not to be found unless the law is called.

The piping is awful.

There was a couple plumbing companies in town that would steal our helpers by paying them $2 an hour more and putting them on a truck to run service alone.

None lasted over 2-3 months. We use to all hang out at the same supply house in the mornings.

They made messes like in the pics. 👍

Ideally the expansion tank would have valves on both sides of it, so it could be changed. The one on the heater side should have the handle taken off and hung near by.

I just put one valve upstream of the expansion tank. Most people don’t even want to pay for that 🤣

Back