Plumbed in Pot Filling Fixture for Gravity Fed Water Filter (Photos)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narlycharley

Reaction score
I was tired of filling up a one gallon container to walking it over to fill up our Berkey (first world problem), so I decided to plumb in a pot filler on the side of our cabinet. Worked out great! I'm just learning how to sweat copper, so every time is a learning experience.

44870400945_da9b4c4ed1_b.jpg

44870401375_7035573c1b_b.jpg

44870402785_1cf6018a09_b.jpg

45783450031_032e29942b_b.jpg

45783450341_12c77c995d_b.jpg

45783449651_0e0cd40842_b.jpg

nice job ..the only thing i dont see is a shut off in cabinet before pot filler. so if you have leak or need to work on it you dont have to shut whole house down.

It does look good but I was thinking along the lines of the fact that the cabinet and water line are now a unit. You do anything with the cabinet the pipe goes with it. But then I suppose you can simply remove the pipe through the floor.

nice job ..the only thing i dont see is a shut off in cabinet before pot filler. so if you have leak or need to work on it you dont have to shut whole house down.

The ball valve pictured is before the new plumbing. It shuts off the hose spigot on the rear of the house and this new fixture. The main reason for doing this was to bypass the water softener, and the hose bibbs outside are bypassed, so I used it to my advantage. :)

It does look good but I was thinking along the lines of the fact that the cabinet and water line are now a unit. You do anything with the cabinet the pipe goes with it. But then I suppose you can simply remove the pipe through the floor.

Yeah, I would just cut it off and cap it in the basement if I didn't need it.

I was tired of filling up a one gallon container to walking it over to fill up our Berkey (first world problem), so I decided to plumb in a pot filler on the side of our cabinet
Next first world problem is now you'll get tired of checking the level and turning on the valve; if you'd just flexlined in a float valve, you'd never have to do either again.

jack vines

Next first world problem is now you'll get tired of checking the level and turning on the valve; if you'd just flexlined in a float valve, you'd never have to do either again.

jack vines

They actually make glass site spigots. haha! I had one on my older smaller one, but now that we're used to it, I can tell how much is in the bottom tank by the pressure of the water coming out of the spigot.

I’ve never seen someone drive screws through a drop ear 90 from the back like that. What a good idea.

Latest posts

Back