Please help identify make/ model Shower Faucet. I need to replace the handle. The plastic spacer broke

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one more question...how can I clean the trim to make it look a little more spiffy?

I use CLR. Do not use anything abrasive. In fact, you can place a paper towel on the face, soak in CLR, and let it sit overnight.

CLR is good stuff but pretty strong to leave on overnight.
It is probably fine, but I have had a few problems with it when left on too long, sometimes it can slightly damage the finish.

Maybe start with just bathroom cleaner to get the soap film off, then paper towels soaked with straight vinegar.
Put plastic wrap or some grocery bags over it to keep from drying out.

Or just use CLR and a gentle Scotchbrite pad.

I use it for my stainless steel propellers on my boats. I spray, use my fingers to rub it in, and 5 minutes later, they are looking like new. Obviously, try the shortest amount of time possible.

I want to thank everone for their help, especially @Rickyman for identifying the valve make/model.
I purchased the replacement from DANCO and cleaned the shower stall with Bar Keepers Friend. The floor was still yellow stained and I used CLR on it overnight. It doesn't look new, but it looks damn good now. Thank you all again.

Back