Plastic bottle cap dropped in the toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quinn

Reaction score
Hi, everyone,
A really embarrassing situation: I accidentally dropped a plastic bottle cap ( about 1 and 1/2 in in diameter) into my toilet bowl and flushed the toilet without noticing the problem. Now the cap is probably stuck somewhere down the drain because the flushing is kind of slow. I tried to use a plunger to suck it out but failed.
Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Buy a good toilet auger.
You will be using it many times after a huge turd with paper causes a log jam.
A cheap auger is almost worthless.
Home Depot sells Ridgid augers which I like, the six foot reach one is my fav.

Looks very similar to the Ridgid one.
The Ridgid auger has a bigger plastic handle.

I trust your professional opinion.

I’m not trying to talk you out of what has worked great for you. I’m not that foolish.

However, the Ridgid auger I bought was really slinky and soft. It would curl back to me in a toilet and was up in a freakin knot.

The general won’t do that.

If you can't get it out with an auger then your going to have to pull the toilet and see if you can pull it
out from the other end.

Hi, Guys, I am happy to tell you that I think I finally got the toilet to flush correctly using an toilet auger like the one in the picture. I didn’t get the plastic cap out but the flush is now quite forceful. I suppose the cap may have been flushed down into bigger drain pipe since this is a condo building? Thank you all for your kind help!

Latest posts

Back