Pipe Patch Kits

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saber999

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering whether any plumber's use or like using pipe repair kits that come with an epoxy and silicone wrap for repairing leaky pipes?
Is this more of a DIY product or does it actually get used by professionals?
Do you tend to repair pipes or patch them up when they're corroded etc.?

Thanks!

Post a link to what products you are talking about.

Some types of patches or clamps are used as a short term fix, in an emergency, at least by DIY heroes.

Probably not by pros, but your info might still be interesting.

For amusement, or even to start a good discussion.

Is this a patch for a pressurized line, or a gravity drain?

What types of material?

Post a link to what products you are talking about.

Some types of patches or clamps are used as a short term fix, in an emergency, at least by DIY heroes.

Probably not by pros, but your info might still be interesting.

For amusement, or even to start a good discussion.

Is this a patch for a pressurized line, or a gravity drain?

What types of material?

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your reply.
I also found these products interesting - fair enough for DIY'ers, but they're being marketed as being for the industrial sector which threw me off.

Sylwrap Standard Pipe Repair Kit - For Repairing Leaking Pipes
https://www.aquasealrubber.co.uk/products/pow-r/
What do you think of these? Would you ever use this, even for a temporary fix? Mind you, they claim it can be used as a permanent fix....

Thanks

I would consider something like that as temporary.

And probably only for a drain, not for pressure.

But others might have an opinion.

If i have to crawl my big ass under the house to work on a pipe i am not going to mickey mouse the repair simply because i am to damn lazy to crawl up in that hole again. remove and replace is the correct fix for us lazy people. you guys that like doing **** twice and think it is an adventure go ahead and spray it with the latest crap advertised at 2 am by some fool how says he made a boat out of it

I’ve used products like that here and there as a temporary fix until a professional repair can be scheduled

I had several repair clamps in my truck , i would use these on emergency calls , then come back and change the pipe later. we had a saying , if the pipe leaked there then if is just a question on time that another will appear .
1610383067699.png

Latest posts

Back