Pipe/Drain cleaning

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccheath776

Reaction score
I will try to keep this as short as I can. We are renovating the bathroom in our basement.
The pipe drain is proving to be a problem however. Water drains but occasionally it backs up with muddy water. Before the reno the pipe would also occasionally back up or flow over.

We got 2 plumbers to come out who didn't even put a camera down the pipe said its a collapsed pipe. This would require us to break up our foundation in the basement to repair the pipe and costing multiple thousands of dollars.
However, one other plumber said that it may just be dirt built up in the pipe and its possible to break it up. He however, did not have the tool to do that.
What we think happened is that when they were taking out the bath, they didn't cap the drain and we had an unforseen flood in the basement. More than likely a bunch of dirt and rocks got into the drain and backed it up.

So i will consult with another plumber.

But since I know nothing about plumbing, what kind of tools can be used to break up the blockage?
Is there any tools I can buy myself and stick down there and break it up if that's the issue?

Probably no reason to do any head scratching or what ifs until you get a camera down in there.

Hi, last month I bought a house in Etobicoke. I planned to do some maintenance and cleaning works in the new house and notice that there are some issues with the drainage. That was a vacant possession for a long time. I tried to sort out the problem but its really difficult. If the issue continues like this it will be a big burden. So I decided to consult some plumbing experts. I just surfed on the internet and found a plumbing service experts in Etobicoke. Anybody knows this plumbing service team. Could anyone share their experience?

Last edited:
I've found that when a house has been vacant for a long time all the crud in the drain lines dries up. Then when you turn the water back on that dried crud breaks loose from the walls of the pipes and clogs everything up. The drains will have to rodded out, I can almost guarantee it. :grrrr:

your right running into that now at work, all the students moved out because of the virus, now they re back now stoppages are happening sometimes on a daily basis water jetting or thorough snaking has been working thou

Latest posts

Back