Pfister Kitched handle alignment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackplmb

Reaction score
My son has a Pfister F-534-7PVs. While determining why the pull-out spray handle was leaking (common problem). I discovered that the handle was the at 3 o'clock position for a 50/50 hot-cold mixture. My question is, can I pull the cartridge (974-250) and rotate 90 degrees CW and then drop back in ?

As a side note: Pfiser is shipping a non-stainless replacement ( 950-324SL, Slate ) followed by the stainless version in a few weeks.

Thanks, JackCapture.JPG

Last edited:
I doubt that you can rotate the cartridge.

But with that square cartridge stem, it looks like you can put the lever handle at any of four positions, before screwing it down.

Maybe facing forward interferes with the pullout?

thanks Jeff, seems that would be a serious design flaw ?

The diagram seems to have a 'keyed' indent at the 3 o'clock position not as noticable in the reduced resolution pic..

I doubt that you can rotate the cartridge.

But with that square cartridge stem, it looks like you can put the lever handle at any of four positions, before screwing it down.

Maybe facing forward interferes with the pullout?

I see a few little lines, but it looks flat.
Handle should be able to go anywhere you want.
Just try it now, it would take 30 seconds.

Most every cartridge has a key or index that makes it sit in a certain orientation in the faucet valve body.

Some people like the lever handle off to the side, it has become fashionable since faucets such as Grohe began doing that.
Not to my liking though.

thanks again Jeff, will give that a try when I get back there in 3-4 days and actually disassemble the unit.

I see a few little lines, but it looks flat.
Handle should be able to go anywhere you want.
Just try it now, it would take 30 seconds.

Most every cartridge has a key or index that makes it sit in a certain orientation in the faucet valve body.

Some people like the lever handle off to the side, it has become fashionable since faucets such as Grohe began doing that.
Not to my liking though.

update:
the 974-250 cartridge is slotted (unseen in pic) to allow a backward tilt. When rotating the handle 90 degrees on the cartridge, the slot no longer aligns w/ the handle and therefore the handle will not push back to allow flow.

Well then, the whole faucet body under and over the sink must also be mounted wrong, at that same 3 o'clock position.

So loosen the faucet mounting nut, rotate the body 90 degrees clockwise, and the handle will rotate with it.

Facing front.

Since all the water comes from the tubing for the pull-out, the barrel & spout, which rotate, can be in any position and faucet will still work. Since there's just 1-hole, it *may* be possible that faucet was installed with spout 90 degrees out of synch.
Kinda hard to tell from this distance. :rolleyes:

Yes, spout is facing forward, body of faucet is installed rotated.

Just loosen the mounting nut and rotate the faucet body.

Doggone it Jeff, you beat me by 6 minutes.
That's it, never going to edit for clarity again.
:PullingHair: ROTFL

((( Great minds think alike )))

Will give that a look as I am replacing the disposal this week.

Would that make the L-R / R-L swivel of the spout NOT symmetrical ?

Original post was in error. At 3:00, is full cold so we are talking 45 degrees as opposed to 90.

Looking at the 931-077 Installation Tool, I'm not certain what to expect below.

Well then, the whole faucet body under and over the sink must also be mounted wrong, at that same 3 o'clock position.

So loosen the faucet mounting nut, rotate the body 90 degrees clockwise, and the handle will rotate with it.

Facing front.

Use the cartridge as your guide as far as where straight ahead should be.

Also, from underneath, the quick connect for the spray head should be in back of the hot and cold supplies.

The spout might be able to swing more than 180 degrees.
Some can swing 360.

roger thanks !

Use the cartridge as your guide as far as where straight ahead should be.

Also, from underneath, the quick connect for the spray head should be in back of the hot and cold supplies.

The spout might be able to swing more than 180 degrees.
Some can swing 360.

yes, you are correct.

Got in there yesterday and was able to rotate it to the correct position. I needed to get two channel-locks onto the underside to tighten it down. All back to normal.

Thanks for all of the feedback and assistance in rectifying this.
rotate the faucet. That is all you have to do

Back