Pfister 0X8 series shower control - trouble removing Adjustment Gear

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyC

Reaction score
I have a Pfiister 0X8 series valve (single handle) and am trying to remove the Adjustment Gear so I can set the water output a tick hotter. This must be done in order to rotate the stem counterclockwise, and then the Adjustment Gear is to be reinserted.

The gear is supposed to be grabbed by a tiny plastic tang located at at "6:00". However, when I grab that tang and pull with considerable force, the gear does not budge. It's quite stubborn and I do not want to tear off the tang !!

Has anyone else seen this frustrating problem?

Firstly Geofd, when you call Pfister "Customer Service", you get routed offshore to speak with a woman who speaks very poor English and doesn't know an NPT thread from an O-ring. Useless.

Frodo - I have tried prying every which way I can. The Adjustment ring is recessed on my model, and is stuck. In later 0X8 valves, the ring has been brought up flush with the end of the cartridge and is immensely easy to remove.

If Pfister had real design engineers who also work on these valves, they would have installed a tang at 12:00 and 6:00 so it could be puled out with parallel force.

I'm still working the problem.

Latest posts

Back