Pex To Hot Water Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Blaine

Reaction score
This gas hot water heater was installed three years ago, but I am concerned about the size of the pipe and 1/2” pex pipe being attached directly to the hot water heater. The tenant has not complained about anything, but I am curious if I should take the preventative-maintenance approach and replace the 1/2” pex line with a 3/4” braided flexible water heater connector (like the one in the photo), and install a 3/4” ball valve shut off. Another concern was if I should replace the hot water 1/2” pex line with 3/4” pipe?

upload_2020-2-6_2-52-26.jpeg

Plastic piping cant be installed within 18inches of that waterheaters flue.

Do not install a shut off on the hot side.

Also you should consider a repipe if all your wayer lines are galvanized

Plastic piping cant be installed within 18inches of that waterheaters flue.

Do not install a shut off on the hot side.

Also you should consider a repipe if all your wayer lines are galvanized

I was wondering if I can replace the 1/2” line with a 3/4” braided line. The shut off was going on the cold side, and many homes in my area still have galvanized. A repipe would be nice, but not practical at the moment.

Hi Bruce,

There are a few things that need to be changed. I would change all of your hot water tank plastic fittings and plastic PEX lines to all of the copper lines to 3/4-inch copper piping with a thick wall type of copper.

At this time, I would also protect your hot water tank from flooding your basement with hundreds of gallons of water when your hot water tank breaks. The following is an excellent device called the Talking Water Tank Minder. It will protect your house from major flooding that your failed hot water tank can and will cause to your house.

The Talking Water Tank Minder is very well made, very well engineered, and made here in the USA. S
ince you will need to change out the PEX plastic lines with 3/4-inch copper water pipes on your hot water tank, this seems to be the perfect time to install this flood protection on your hot water tank. You will thank me if you ever did.

The Talking Water Tank Minder will protect your house 24/7, 365 days a year. One of many things that is nice about the Talking Water Tank Minder is that it can be used over and over again. It can be installed on all of your hot water tanks and/or tankless hot water systems for many years to come. It can also be installed on all replacement hot water tanks in less than five minutes once it has been installed the very first time. It truly is an excellent system and can be a selling point if you ever want to sell your home. People who have purchased the Talking Water Tank Minder absolutely love it as it provides them with peace of mind just knowing that there home is safe from flooding caused by there hot water tank failing.

This system is presently being used in New Jersey. It is a brand-new product which is manufactured in New Jersey and took three years to develop and patent. This system prevents a failing hot water tank from damaging your apartment, house, or condo due to water damage. Please see the following link:

US Patent for Talking water tank minder Patent (Patent # 9,916,748 issued March 13, 2018) - Justia Patents Search

The Talking Water Tank Minder is a wonderful new product that can be used over and over again. It can be attached to any hot water tank or tankless system. The Talking Water Tank Minder consists of a control unit that magnetically attaches to any hot water tank. The system also comes with a 304 stainless steel electronically-controlled, 3/4-inch, full-port valve that will shut off your cold water input side to your hot water tank when your tank fails, thus protecting your home from catastrophic water damage.

One thing for sure is that your tank is guaranteed to fail; it is only a matter of time. There is also a sensor that is made out of 304 stainless steel that is designed and engineered to last for many years of use. This sensor sits on the floor near the bottom of the hot water tank. Everyone who lives in a condo needs this device because it stops major water damage from occurring that can cause thousands of dollars of water damage that hot water tank can easily cause.

If you would like more information, I will be very happy to send you a booklet on the Talking Water Tank Minder. It is my opinion and the opinion of others that this system is cheap insurance that will allow your water tank to last as long as it can, thus saving you money from replacing your hot water tank before it is time to replace it.

Hot water tanks on the average last about 6 to 10 years and some last 12 years or more. Why replace it before you need to? The Talking Water Tank Minder will allow you to get full use out of your tank without replacing it before it is time, but still protecting your home.

Here are some facts about hot water tanks:

A hot water tank that develops a 1/8-inch hole with a city water pressure of 60 psi can flood your house with 159 gallons of water every hour, or 3,806 gallons of water every 24 hours. These tanks break when you are asleep, when you are on vacation, or when you are at work or away from your home, in other words, five minutes after you lock your front door for the day!

It should also be noted that even a brand-new hot water tank can fail years before it’s time. Your new hot water tank that is guaranteed for nine years sometimes lasts only three years. I know this very well because my tank failed just after three years. Once this system is installed, it will provide you with peace of mind, just knowing that your house is protected from flooding.

If you would like to know more about this wonderful system, or if you know someone who needs this system, please contact me on this site, or e-mail me at [email protected], or call me at 201-215-4300.

Sincerely,
Bob

Your SPAM is not wanted. Your post should be removed and you should be banned.

Hi Bruce,

There are a few things that need to be changed. I would change all of your hot water tank plastic fittings and plastic PEX lines to all of the copper lines to 3/4-inch copper piping with a thick wall type of copper.

At this time, I would also protect your hot water tank from flooding your basement with hundreds of gallons of water when your hot water tank breaks. The following is an excellent device called the Talking Water Tank Minder. It will protect your house from major flooding that your failed hot water tank can and will cause to your house.

The Talking Water Tank Minder is very well made, very well engineered, and made here in the USA. S
ince you will need to change out the PEX plastic lines with 3/4-inch copper water pipes on your hot water tank, this seems to be the perfect time to install this flood protection on your hot water tank. You will thank me if you ever did.

The Talking Water Tank Minder will protect your house 24/7, 365 days a year. One of many things that is nice about the Talking Water Tank Minder is that it can be used over and over again. It can be installed on all of your hot water tanks and/or tankless hot water systems for many years to come. It can also be installed on all replacement hot water tanks in less than five minutes once it has been installed the very first time. It truly is an excellent system and can be a selling point if you ever want to sell your home. People who have purchased the Talking Water Tank Minder absolutely love it as it provides them with peace of mind just knowing that there home is safe from flooding caused by there hot water tank failing.

This system is presently being used in New Jersey. It is a brand-new product which is manufactured in New Jersey and took three years to develop and patent. This system prevents a failing hot water tank from damaging your apartment, house, or condo due to water damage. Please see the following link:

US Patent for Talking water tank minder Patent (Patent # 9,916,748 issued March 13, 2018) - Justia Patents Search

The Talking Water Tank Minder is a wonderful new product that can be used over and over again. It can be attached to any hot water tank or tankless system. The Talking Water Tank Minder consists of a control unit that magnetically attaches to any hot water tank. The system also comes with a 304 stainless steel electronically-controlled, 3/4-inch, full-port valve that will shut off your cold water input side to your hot water tank when your tank fails, thus protecting your home from catastrophic water damage.

One thing for sure is that your tank is guaranteed to fail; it is only a matter of time. There is also a sensor that is made out of 304 stainless steel that is designed and engineered to last for many years of use. This sensor sits on the floor near the bottom of the hot water tank. Everyone who lives in a condo needs this device because it stops major water damage from occurring that can cause thousands of dollars of water damage that hot water tank can easily cause.

If you would like more information, I will be very happy to send you a booklet on the Talking Water Tank Minder. It is my opinion and the opinion of others that this system is cheap insurance that will allow your water tank to last as long as it can, thus saving you money from replacing your hot water tank before it is time to replace it.

Hot water tanks on the average last about 6 to 10 years and some last 12 years or more. Why replace it before you need to? The Talking Water Tank Minder will allow you to get full use out of your tank without replacing it before it is time, but still protecting your home.

Here are some facts about hot water tanks:

A hot water tank that develops a 1/8-inch hole with a city water pressure of 60 psi can flood your house with 159 gallons of water every hour, or 3,806 gallons of water every 24 hours. These tanks break when you are asleep, when you are on vacation, or when you are at work or away from your home, in other words, five minutes after you lock your front door for the day!

It should also be noted that even a brand-new hot water tank can fail years before it’s time. Your new hot water tank that is guaranteed for nine years sometimes lasts only three years. I know this very well because my tank failed just after three years. Once this system is installed, it will provide you with peace of mind, just knowing that your house is protected from flooding.

If you would like to know more about this wonderful system, or if you know someone who needs this system, please contact me on this site, or e-mail me at [email protected], or call me at 201-215-4300.

Sincerely,
Bob

Latest posts

Back