Pex fittings underground

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf30tn

Reaction score
In running pex for a supply line to a new house I'm trying to find information on fittings that are best for underground application. I would want the best fitting type in addition to a silicone wrap.

Brass, lead free brass, copper, poly etc

Any thoughts?

No fittings of PEX under concrete, like frodo said.
The PEX has to have joints above slab.
It would be nice if code allowed us to use the Sch 80 PVC electrical sweep 90s as the guide for PEX in slabs, but the UPC says that sleeves must be of "material approved for potable water" and the electrical sweeps are not such material. Though any inspector with a brain should allow it for a sweep.
I do have a Technical Data Sheet from Viega, that states that ProPress fittings are allowed underground.
Originally, there was a note to use a silicone tape wrap but when I spoke with the Viega rep last week, he said that no wrap is indicated now.

A few years ago , we ran 1" PEX from the water meter ( in the ally ) , through the back yard , to up under our pier and beam house .

Only fittings , under the soil , are brass , at the water meter . We used the copper crimp ring fittings .

God bless
Wyr

The home next door to mine now, just had all the interior rough plumbing completed; there are stub offs for the sewer line and water supply. I’ll take some photos and follow up here.

Here’s the stubs, at the house, waiting to be connected to the sewer main and water meter.

Attachments

• F443C8B1-167F-40BB-AC5F-73E52DFB710E.jpeg
    F443C8B1-167F-40BB-AC5F-73E52DFB710E.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The home next door to mine now, just had all the interior rough plumbing completed; there are stub offs for the sewer line and water supply. I’ll take some photos and follow up here.

Here’s the stubs, at the house, waiting to be connected to the sewer main and water meter.
Thanks for the picture. It looks like they have that pex fitting real close to what looks like concrete around the sewer/pex supply line. Man I'd hate to have to repair that and not have any room to work with on the house side of the fitting.

Latest posts

Back