Perimeter Drain cleaning, should I go ahead and pay $500 for “To Hydro-flush the perimeter drains?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchydrosucks

Reaction score
I have received a quote to “To Hydro-flush the perimeter drains and camera inspect, assess and report”?

The details are I have an 1800 sq. ft. 30 year old rural house, in the Pacific North-West. I have to run a line from the water treatment system that flushes every couple days. As there is no drain in the basement floor, I have to run it to the nearest drain in a basement stairwell. However this specific perimeter drain, is plugged 3 feet in.

My view off this Perimeter Drain Pipe (Big O) is after 30 years of being in a Rain forest is going to be full of debris, and maybe roots. There is a lot of growth of trees, with in 30 to 40 feet.

If it wasn’t for this water treatment system, I would leave it as is.

But my question is am I wasting $500 to “To Hydro-flush the perimeter drains and camera inspect, assess and report”?

Thanks beforehand

Camera and jetter? Yeah, that’s a good deal.....if he can use a “root cutter head” on the jetter. We use the “root ranger” head and it is awesome at clearing and cutting roots. If the perimeter drains are “perf pipe”, flexible thin wall piping, they need to be careful not to power through the pipe.

thanks for your sound advice above., I have told them to go ahead and do it

Back