Perforated pipe between tank & field.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickLMurphy

Reaction score
I have been in my house for 12 years no septic drain issues, I believe septic system is roughly 20 years old but it was a foreclosure so it’s an estimate. Concrete tank, pvc lines. Recently found out tank isn’t draining to field. Since I have no real idea of exactly where field is I’ve started to dig up the outlet pipe , found out today they used perforated pipe for the outlet all the way to field apparently. I have no made it to a dist box or field yet to further inspect those. Obviously the perforated pipe sitting on soil has biomat/roots going into the holes. I know this isn’t how thee are supposed to be built but has been working for twenty years atleast, wondering if sewer jetting could possible help clear these. Also just curious for your opinions since this seems to be very unusual.

thanks

It might be the easiest to just dig it up by had and replace that section of pipe with solid. If there are roots in the field drain they could probably be cleaned out somewhat with a roto-rooter. I understand the long term solution to roots is to use copper sulfate, it will kill all the roots near the drain tile. I have not used it yet but probably should at our cabin. You can order it online and google for instructions.

Back