Perc Testing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feedfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to perc test a number of sites and have noticed how long the process takes. In my state, we have to saturate 4 test holes for 4 hours each which involves keeping the water left in the 18" holes 12" high for 4 hours. Basically, it takes up a lot of time. Is there any kind of device that will automatically pump water and shut the pump off after a certain height is reached? Thought about using some type of toilet float.

Also, I need to time how long it takes for hole to empty from 6" high until it is empty. That can take very long as well. Is there any device that records a time when there's no longer water in it? I thought about using a float that kicks off a timer that is placed on the bottom of the hole that is started by the floating device.

Any suggestions? This would save me weeks of work for the number of sites I am creating so I am willing to pay.

Thanks!

not that I am aware of.
if you have 4 test holes and they require 4 hour test per hole
i would be looking to test all 4 holes at the same time, I would not test them individually

Your question on how long the water takes to perc out at 6''
that is what you are testing for, is to document that time
depending on soil content it could be seconds or hours

Back