So i am building a large outdoor patio. Since we live in the Texas Panhandle, my wife wanted a tornado shelter. We purchased a 4'x6' above ground shelter and rather than just have wasted space, i am going to make a bathroom w/ a toilet inside. I have a couple of questions about tying into my existing plumbing line. As seen in the pic, the line will come out of the shelter and make a 45 and then out to the sewer line. Hopefully a few of you can chime in and offer a little advice.
- Is there a minimum depth the sewer line has to be?
- Can the sink drain into the vent line used by the sewer line? The 2 fixtures will be less than 6” from each other.
- Since there are only 2 fixtures, can the vent line be 2”?
- Since I am using 3” sewer line, is the drop still ¼” per 1’?
- When I tie into the existing sewer line in the back yard, can it be a 90 degree elbow straight down into that line? If not, what is recommended?