Paid a so called handyman to install a bathroom sink...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chrome nut is on upside down. Looking at the full size picture, there appears to be an air gap.

The used to be located up where the rust starts on the tail piece.

An extension, and real o-ring would probably seal with the old tailpiece, but unless this is in a “histerical” structure, and you have a nazi for a cultural officer, the right thing to do, is hire a licensed plumber, to remove the tailpiece, and replace it with a new one.

That old rusty tailpiece should have been replaced. As a matter of fact the pop-up too. Maybe the handyman should take plumbing
off of his resume. :)

Putting something underneath the trap to help hold it up would still work if that's how you want to do it though.
I'm thinking Diehard was just being a little sarcastic. :rolleyes:

That brass nut is just fine. It's not the nut that compresses on the tube, it's the washer.

I'm thinking Diehard was just being a little sarcastic. :rolleyes:

That brass nut is just fine. It's not the nut that compresses on the tube, it's the washer.

To tell you the truth, I had a case in my own house where the tail piece wasn't quite long enough so I propped up the trap assembly just enough to make it work. But I did eventually go back and fixed it right.
So it was more like something that just popped into my mind when thinking about how that must have pulled apart after the, "so called handyman" left the scene of the crime.:oops:o_O

Latest posts

Back