Packing Washer - American Brand Kitchen Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbguff

Reaction score
Anyone know where to obtain a packing washer for Standard (American Standard?) brand kitchen (25-50 years old) faucet?
See attached images of partially disassebled faucet and close up of left hand valve.

The left side handle was leaking water. I disassembled, unfroze the washer and some of the packing washer crumbled off, i cleaned everything up, reassembled, and water leak from left handle is considerably worse now.

I know of two options:
A) replace the packing washer
B) replace the faucet

I'm having no luck locating a replacement packing washer online. Maybe i just don't know the magic keywords to search for. O.D. appears to be close to 1".
Replacing the faucet looks to be a large PIA, as the retaining nuts under the sink do not want to come loose, and likely will have to either pull the sink for more leverage, or drill/break the retaining nuts from underneath.

Hoping someone has some idea where i could get a replacement packing washer. Would make life much easier to replace the packing washer.

Bob

IMG_8055.JPGIMG_8053.JPG

We try to keep the existing packing and add appropriate piece of graaphite packing rope along with plumber's waterproof grease.
Many Ace hardware stores have bonnet/dome packing in various sizes.

Back