Outside water faucet leak water when I use hose ( when turn on)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjay92

Reaction score
Hi,
I am not sure whether that is back flow attachment to end of it that is causing leak when hose is attached and water is turned on. Currently water is spraying all over. I saw some youtube video's and they suggested that there is small set screw on back flow device and I looked all around but could not find any hole with any set screw. I even don't see any hole.
I tried unscrew using wrench with some pressure but it did not budge so I just want to make sure that I don't break anything while unscrewing.

20200628_151831.jpg
20200628_201708.jpg

Some of these have a spring inside that threads onto the original threads try to pull( with you hands) out and in thread it , if it doesn’t move you may have to cut it off using a hacksaw cut it in a few places without cutting into the original threads and peel back the brass

When you wrenched it, did you have something on the hose bib as well?

those have a set screw that is designed to BREAK-OFF after being screwed in, which supposedly makes them permanent, due to this STOOPID design, you have to cut them off..... a dremel tool or angle grinder would be the easiest way to do that...as Geofd said earlier.

Those little set screws are usually a soft brass and can easily be drilled out.

Back