Outdoor Shower Plumbing Options

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moral212

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to decide on an outdoor shower plumbing setup. Hoping to get some opinions/ thoughts on the following setups-

Using a single input shower system-

1. Pex lines to an outdoor box enclosure, connected to a mixing valve, connected to a valve with a drain and PVC line to the shower system.

Mixing valve: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Caleffi...ostatic-Mixing-Valve-w-Temp-Gauge-Check-Valve

OR
2. Pex lines to a Woodford hot/cold spigot, stainless braided line to the outdoor shower unit.

Woodford spigot: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Woodfor...t-Cold-Anti-Siphon-Wall-Faucet-w-Metal-Handle

I guess concerns may be-
Option 1:
-Durability of mixing valve outdoors (even in an enclosure)
-Drain-ability of mixing valve system

Option 2:
-Inconvenience of removing braided line in winter
-Possibility of scalding if the spigot is set improperly

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Draw some diagrams with all these options included and labeled.

A huge part of this will be the ability to winterize everything.
Outdoor plumbing will freeze and burst unless carefully designed.

So installing everything so that it can be drained by gravity (or blown out with an air compressor) is critical, or you can add anti-freeze, or some combination.

Check oyt symmons indutries (braintree ma) hyda pipe shower valve sytem covered in stainless steel very durable it will last a LONG time
We have some that are 40 plus years old

Draw some diagrams with all these options included and labeled.

A huge part of this will be the ability to winterize everything.
Outdoor plumbing will freeze and burst unless carefully designed.

So installing everything so that it can be drained by gravity (or blown out with an air compressor) is critical, or you can add anti-freeze, or some combination.

Ok I hope these diagrams help. A few notes: In option 1 the pex lines and the mixing valve would be in an enclosure and everything pitched to drain.

Can a mixing valve drain with gravity? Would the PVC pipe need to be covered from UV? CPVC?

For option 2 maybe I can add a drain valve inbetween the spigot and the braided hose so it wouldn't need to be disconnected every winter?

Thanks again.

Option 1-
1.png

Option 2-

2.png

Check oyt symmons indutries (braintree ma) hyda pipe shower valve sytem covered in stainless steel very durable it will last a LONG time
We have some that are 40 plus years old

Ok thanks! I'll take a look.

Latest posts

Back