out pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3t44

Reaction score
Do Rheems come with pipe already installed in the holes??
Also I have a Lochinvar 50 ga electric about 2006 model. LTA052KK model.
Where is the anode rod??
Do you think its worth changing the elements? I dont see any rust on the nipples. For about 5 years it was empty 5 months a year when I was away. I changed the thermostat 7 years ago and have had no issues with it.It is well insulated enough that the top metal is barely warm to the touch when in use. And contrary to the usual
ideas, It has PEX right out the nipple on the hot side and I have never had any issues with that.

Last edited:
If you didnt want to buy a tankless Rheem, what brand would you buy next in the 500 dollar range?

frodo my Loch has 3 in a straight line..pressure relief in the middle.

nope, I pulled the elements and replaced them with a new set I had bought 8 years ago. and while I was there looked in and saw it is the hot water outlet anode style. Although it had some calcium build up ,it was full sized and solid looking. Not all decayed like some do. THe tank looked good overall inside ...for 12 years old. The calcium build up was about 5 inches in the bottom of the tank..the bottom element was buried in it. I used my shop vac on it and got about 80% of it .Have to reset after you pull elements.Lochinvar had a 3500 on top and 4500 on bottom. I put 4500 in both.At 240 volts that is about 19 amps. I assume that only one element comes on at a time because otherwise it would trip breaker 30 amp,no? I look forward to installing a propane tankless
someday for backup if I can find one cheap. And I want welded stainless steel exchanger not brazed copper.

Back