Opportunity knocks…

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, are you also required to contact "Dig Alert", and were they prompt in their response these days during covid?

This contract has been in the works for two months up to this point. Coordination was evident in discussions with the owner. The underground utilities were located, flagged and painted.

“811” is our “Call before you dig” phone number to locate anyone’s underground utilities for free.

Last edited:
Do you have to add a tracer wire with the plastic pipe like gas line?

You know @TomFOhio I thought we would have laid tracer wires as well. I didn’t yet ask if we were supposed to. I know the gas company had to inspect our sleeve before we backfill. Affirmed this evening, backfilling is scheduled for tomorrow.

To be honest, after Ditch Witching, that night I was sick with all the flu symptoms but missing the Covid symptoms. It took all the next day to fight off a virus and I took off today to be sure it was beat. All day I’ve felt better with the exception of dry sinuses. My first ever Covid test is scheduled in the morning. I’m approved to help backfill this job afterwards. I’ll ask about tracer wires and get back to you.

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement. This is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life for many reasons.

The first three weeks at the residential plumbing company have been great! Everything is falling into place and I get along with everyone in the company. I am impressed in some way with everyone who works here. The positive camaraderie this group shares is evident and encouraging. The company’s foundation is built on Christian values with an emphasis on quality and friendly customer service. Holding a great local company track record this 10 employee plumbing company is experiencing an increase in demand with residential and commercial customers. The owner and I are working on building an official company structure to manage and maintain the company’s promising growth. With proper planning as the core element we believe everyone together and on the same page will steer this company on a successful and prosperous path.

We all use an app called Housecall Pro to manage our time, schedule jobs, input job information or notes and communicate with our customers using text and e-mail features including an “on the way” notification. Customers can text their technician or our office for updates or concerns. We can write out estimates with prices and a description of work in each customers file. Technicians can write or modify work descriptions and prices for each customers specific circumstance which are e-mailed. Paid and unpaid invoices are also tracked with Housecall Pro.

I love dealing with our customers. It’s so different than what I’m used to. I’ve already had some great conversations and seen some interesting hobbies.

The prices for our services did give me a bit of sticker shock. Man, plumbers are expensive! I have not witnessed any push back from a customer to pay us yet. Our customers seem pleased with our company’s performance, current and past.

I really like the fact our shop and most of our customers live in a rural county. The back and fourth sway of driving these country roads is a beautiful thing. I live 30 minutes north of the shop in a medium sized city which is our closest large market. I plan to use my living location wisely and help us grow in the city. I live close to many family members now and love visiting them regularly.

All in all, I’m happy to be here! Learning about residential plumbing and discussing my commercial background has been fun. Over the last 10 years I’ve learned so much being a part of the sudden growth of the largest plumbing company in the southeast. That knowledge gives me hope I can manage and grow this plumbing company into something special as well.

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement. This is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life for many reasons.

The first three weeks at the residential plumbing company have been great! Everything is falling into place and I get along with everyone in the company. I am impressed in some way with everyone who works here. The positive camaraderie this group shares is evident and encouraging. The company’s foundation is built on Christian values with an emphasis on quality and friendly customer service. Holding a great local company track record this 10 employee plumbing company is experiencing an increase in demand with residential and commercial customers. The owner and I are working on building an official company structure to manage and maintain the company’s promising growth. With proper planning as the core element we believe everyone together and on the same page will steer this company on a successful and prosperous path.

We all use an app called Housecall Pro to manage our time, schedule jobs, input job information or notes and communicate with our customers using text and e-mail features including an “on the way” notification. Customers can text their technician or our office for updates or concerns. We can write out estimates with prices and a description of work in each customers file. Technicians can write or modify work descriptions and prices for each customers specific circumstance which are e-mailed. Paid and unpaid invoices are also tracked with Housecall Pro.

I love dealing with our customers. It’s so different than what I’m used to. I’ve already had some great conversations and seen some interesting hobbies.

The prices for our services did give me a bit of sticker shock. Man, plumbers are expensive! I have not witnessed any push back from a customer to pay us yet. Our customers seem pleased with our company’s performance, current and past.

I really like the fact our shop and most of our customers live in a rural county. The back and fourth sway of driving these country roads is a beautiful thing. I live 30 minutes north of the shop in a medium sized city which is our closest large market. I plan to use my living location wisely and help us grow in the city. I live close to many family members now and love visiting them regularly.

All in all, I’m happy to be here! Learning about residential plumbing and discussing my commercial background has been fun. Over the last 10 years I’ve learned so much being a part of the sudden growth of the largest plumbing company in the southeast. That knowledge gives me hope I can manage and grow this plumbing company into something special as well.
We use Housecall at my shop too, it is really versatile. I have no complaints.

Back