Opinions on Plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YEGHAM

Reaction score
Hello,

So first time setting up PVC for an Aquarium, initially, the dry fit everything looked good. But once I primed and glued everything into place, I guess things got tighter or maybe I pushed in a pipe further in. So I'm wondering if you guys can give me your opinions on if I will have issues in the future with too much stress or pressure on the pipes?

1st picture, The return line is not 100% straight anymore, kinda hard to see but its a bit angled, would the water pressure cause any problems with that?
2nd and 3rd picture, the pipes are touching up against the stand and the stand and pipe.
4th, I cut off a section of the plumbing and sealed it with a cap, that cap should be able to handle any water flowing to it correct? And you can see where the pipe is touching the stand and affecting the return line.

Thank you and sorry for the long post!

4hyacNf.jpg

xnp58qV.jpg

i4Hrrwi.jpg

laAXWdw.jpg

There isn't enough pressure in an aquarium use-case to worry about pressure related issues. Make sure that bulkhead is only finger tight. The plumbing bends will not affect anything either. One thing to check out are PVC compression fittings. They work very well in an aquarium environment and allow you to rotate your plumbing withing the fitting for better positioning of everything. Any plumbing that is hanging should be strapped up or somehow supported as you don't want constant stress against the aquarium glass.

Thank you for the response and tips @PlumbGate

I was hoping to hear it would be alright. Going to be doing a water test today.

Thank you

Back