Oops ... mistakenly cut off brass toilet supply line compression fitting ...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adevo2000

Reaction score
thought it was copper ... intended to use shark bite fitting ... doesn't fit ...didn't know 1/2" brass pipe is not the same size as 1/2" copper. 1/2" sweat valve doesn't work either ... So now what? [not intending to buy or rent threader ... other options/ideas or straight up instructions?] Thanks.

You’ll need to unscrew the nipple you cut off and screw in another one. Then purchase a fip threaded stop.

Without seeing pics…..that’s what I say

Yeah, just unscrew that one and get another one the same length plus what you cut off. Use some pipe dope on the threads and install

Get a thread on stop while you’re at the store.

Yeah, just unscrew that one and get another one the same length plus what you cut off. Use some pipe dope on the threads and install

Get a thread on stop while you’re at the store.
no can do ... uploaded pics to show

There's only a riser, nothing to screw in to ... I cut off the threaded portion.

The other end of that is threaded as well get a pipe wrench on whats left of that nipple and twist counterclockwise it should come out without too much trouble. Then follow the advice as given above.

Odd you mention that as the last plumber I had in here replacing the multi-turn stop feeding the entire house with a quarter-turn, set a 2x4 alight with his MAPP gas torch.
If it were me, I'd be caught trying to braze or weld the two pieces back together but that's just me! :smashy:
I’m glad you not my plumber. 🤣

I don’t do most things much different because of cost. Can’t afford to.

I worked with a guy that dropped his propane hand held torch down a wall he was soldering in. We had to knock
out the drywall at the bottom of the wall in a hurry to get to the torch. Luckly no fire but the drywall had to be
replaced.

Yes, I could just picture that whole wall caughting on fire. Must not of been enough air down there
to keep it going.

Latest posts

Back