On a continual need-to-know basis

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KULTULZ

Jack of All Trades ~ Master of None
Professional
Reaction score
flux is used to join copper, and it works by eating away the top layer of copper, . if excess flux is used, it will do what it do
keep eating that pipe. excess flux needs to be wiped away with a damp rag at the end of the solder process
appendex 1316.1.2.9 cooling and cleaning

flux is used to join copper, and it works by eating away the top layer of copper, .

if excess flux is used, it will do what it do
keep eating that pipe. excess flux needs to be wiped away with a damp rag at the end of the solder process

appendex 1316.1.2.9 cooling and cleaning

...scribble...scribble...

I did not know that. I thought the wiping was just neatness...

THANX!
plumber-smiley-emoticon.gif

60+-year-old house. Cinder block construction with shower plumbing within outside wall. Threads in valve where stem screws in are corroded beyond usable.

Is there some kind of Helicoil kit designed to repair threads such as these?

If not, what options do I have regarding plumbing repairs in cinder block?

Are there or can you use HELI-COILS for plumbing valves/fixtures? :confused:

Excerpt From Another Thread-

Cell core and regular PVC are considered to be completely interchangeable. Both types can even be used underground.

frodo-

While I understand both can be interchanged and it seems plumbing contractors use DWV cell almost exclusively (for cost I would a$$-u-me), I was under the impression cell was best used for venting and solid for actual drainage for noise abatement. It was demonstrated in CHARLOTTE PIPE system using their QUIET HOUSE CONCEPT (along with no-hub iron pipe).

Comments?

From Another Thread-

...you cant use pvc as a water line inside a building, only outside the building

frodo,

Can you clarify by code how PVC supply can be used? I have read service entry only to the meter and another post only within ten feet from entry.

cell coe is chaper. bottom line pipe

i do not like it, for 1 reason, if you f--up, and try and "peel" the pipe out of a fitting. NOPE, not with cell core, unless, it was installed with out primer

i prefer sch 40,

I don't like cellular core because of all of the cracks in the pipe that I have had to repair over the years. It gets damaged WAY too easily for my liking.

Latest posts

Back