Omg my first job with new drain cleaning business

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baird1971

Reaction score
So I get a call from woman saying toilet isn't draining. I check clean out no water so I know its just one bathroom group, try toilet auger nothing happening, suck toilet dry & pull it, run the snake in old cast iron and pull up paper towels and condemn. Condemn must of got caught on scale build up filled with water on top of that paper towels. So I cleaned up resealed toilet and writing invoice, at that time husband comes home and asked if everything working. I said yes you had 2 things going on 1 bad 1 good. The bad thing is never flush paper towels down toilet and the second its always good to practice safe sex and I started laughing. He looked at me like what the hell you talking about. I explained with the cast iron pipe thru time will start scaling up and even something small as a condemn can get snagged. He looks at me and says what the hell you talking about show me. I took him out front showed him the paper towels and condemn. He yells for his wife, wife comes over and he says to here look what your putting down the toilet causing clogs. She says OK I will stop putting paper towels down toilet, he says that's not just it she says what else he lifts towels up and shows her the condemn and says how the f--k does that get down the drain. Holly cow we all stand there in weird silence all realizing that this ladies has been cheating on her man. OMG he if flipping out I'm trying to get paid she's crying. I'm like are you kidding my first call in business and its this wow. So I get paid and man calls me up 2 he's later asking me to in near future give statement on what exactly happen cause he is divorcing his wife. Please tell me this wont happen again somebody. LOL. Tell me your craziest story so I know this has happens to someone else. Lord help me lol

In fact wife called me as well begging me to tell her husband that it is possible that it could of been in pipe for long time. I said I'm sorry Hun I can't lie I will just stay out of it and that he is not dumb it doesn't look years old. Good luck lol

I had a similar case in which i snaked a sewer and pulled up tampons.....After a scolded the mother of the residence about it, she assured me she was menopausal. Come to find out, her young daughter had hit puberty and never said a word!

Then i scolded her to embarrass her further

Another gross story i had was another plugged sewer. I put my snake down, it bound up hard then the line cleared.

What i pulled back was a huge sewer rat all mangled on my snake, but it looked like somebody dumped acid on it. The home owners knew a plumber who had some Dustbane Nitro and poured it down their drain, thus burning the dead rat all to hell.

Nasty!

Barbie from a elementary schools toilet, hooked with a W.c. auger through the head and hair.. lol.

Pulled a rubber duck out of a toilet lol and ive saw I baseball down some guys main line like 90 ft down the line. Nothing super embarrassing besides the old white mice that the ladies try to flush lol.

1971. i never rat them out. i want to come back. do you think that the lady will call you back now??? if they are persistent, i ask who had the constipation? one other thing, i always run to the city and spin for awhile. leave it all out there. always try to help the govt by giving. lol. your call. billy

I go to a guys house for a drain call last year. Notice cat food in a bowl water in a bowl and litter box full of feces. Go to the basement 4" stack in the corner with plug out of c/o tee. Ran in with a 1500 10 dt and you guessed it pulled a cat, not a kitten a full size cat. I hadn't shown the home owner yet when I asked do you have a cat? He say yes but it's been missing for a out two weeks. My first thought was really two weeks clean the litter box out that's disgusting. Then I say how long have you had problems? He says about two weeks lol. Im here to tell ya if you haven't smelled a two week old decomposing cat from a sewer lol you're not living.

Back