older mansfield contantly running

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfeldman

Reaction score
I have the older mansfield toilet with the white flush valve, and it is constantly running, saturday it was so bad you could hear it a few rooms away. I replaced the red gasket seal but I don't think I needed to it was still flat and not warped or cupped. What made me think it was the red seal was that the water stops when I push down on the flush valve so I thought maybe it wasn't getting a good contact. When I took off the white valve it was smooth on the bottom lip no cracks or pits that I can feel. Any help would be appreciated hope you all have a good day.

Make sure you have it in the groove properly . I think there are 2 grooves and easy to screw up . If the water stopped running when you pressed down on the flush valve it must be the gasket . Is it an actual OEM Mansfield gasket or an aftermarket one . Would suggest OEM

If your good enough. Change that white tower to a flapper style flush valve. Mansfield is easy once you done it once the wrong way. Or Lowe’s has a good kohler on sale this week. Mansfield is solely ment to pass inspection. They never ment For those toilets to pass solids. I had to squeeze. Flush and repeat. Never could could flush everything from one sitting.

Back