Old delta Kitchen faucet leaking under sink help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNguy

Reaction score
Hello, I hope you are all healthy and doing well!

Just wanted a little advise on how this can be fixed or if I need a new faucet entirely.

This is an old Delta Kitchen faucet and what you see in the picture is the hose that extend to remove the faucet handle. It started leaking where there is a clip that is supposed to hold it.

It seems to be leaking from at the arrows.
How do I tighten this or is the clip just supposed to do the tightening? I repositioned the clip and tried to tighten it, but it is in a tight spot hard to reach behind and the copper water lines on each side makes it hard to do much for a noob like me and pliers.

Is this white part of the hose screwed in or just inserted ?

How can I fix this leak?

Thanks in advance

Inked20200902_194124_LI.jpgFaucet.jpg

Hi,

The faucet is not loose on the sink.
It is leaking above the white plastic tube..is that the gooseneck you are areferring? I wonder if that white part is screwed in or just pushed in? Also saw a few drips from below on the flex line where I drew a water drop. thanks for replying

It could easily be worn O-rings, on part of faucet that swivels.
On this faucet, leaked at bottom (B) O-ring, on random basis.
Water ran down to sink top, then underneath faucet,
then down supply line, finally to floor of sink cabinet.

Price Pfister Faucet-side---2.jpg

Call Delta customer service for repair help.

Or follow havasu’s good advice, junk it and replace.

Your faucet is old and rusty.

Fixing it is just like painting a turd.

delta make a repair kit, i forget the numbers any plumbing supply house will have this kit don't go to hd or lowes
delta or plumbing supply house just tell them you have a single handle kitchen faucet there are a bunch of parts the orings will fix the leak around the spouter are springs and rubber caps that would repair a dripping faucet

This faucet is probably 30 years old. There's so much wrong, just not worth repairing. The spout o-rings, the leaking connection, the corrosion, and I don't like the looks of that supply line corroded at the edge of the sink.
I have to agree with havasu, replace it. You'll be happy, but more importantly your wife will love you more!

House Doc, excellent point!
Installing a shiny new faucet is sometimes better than flowers and candy, even jewelry, haha!

It could easily be worn O-rings, on part of faucet that swivels.
On this faucet, leaked at bottom (B) O-ring, on random basis.
Water ran down to sink top, then underneath faucet,
then down supply line, finally to floor of sink cabinet.

View attachment 25342

Taking into account all that has been said here, and that photo (granted the photo is only a snippet of the whole thing), it looks exactly like the Price Pfisters I installed in my kitchen renovation in 2001; my kitchen had two identical sinks and two identical PF faucets. They have a lifetime warranty and both were giving me issues in mid 2019, just as I was about to put the house up for sale. PF sent new cartridges, and new handles with aerators (they were pull outs) and the cartridges came with all the sealing parts. When all was done they were good as new. Not that bad a job and all of it done from the top (except some extra tightening down below).

I can't speak to whether this would solve your issue, and if you had to buy the parts, no way would it make any sense to do so.

Latest posts

Back