Offset toilet flange

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnydiy

Reaction score
Tonight I decided to look at the plumber's location for the toilets from earlier today. One's off 5" and another is off about 2". Both are about 12" from the stud wall so that's also a problem.

What options are there? Offset flanges work about 2 inches - but the one that's off 5" has already been cut through the floor joist. And it's going to shove the toilet into a corner where there's 36" of space for a toilet in width. Goal was to go at least 18". He's at 15.5" I planned for it to be a good 20" so that you could have a nice hand rail there. Drawings show the toilet centered in the space.

Plumbers are back in the morning but umm...Any suggestions?

Floor joists must never be cut through w/o structurally accepted approved practices being followed.
Most all offset flanges are not code approved (for good reason). There are a few, that only point at 45 degrees,
If the work is not done according to the plans, then it must be redone at the expense of the contractor.
Make it know to them immediately and do not pay until they fix the entire thing.

Including reinforcing the cut floor joist with a sistered board, or whatever is needed.

Floor joists must never be cut through w/o structurally accepted approved practices being followed.
Most all offset flanges are not code approved (for good reason). There are a few, that only point at 45 degrees,
If the work is not done according to the plans, then it must be redone at the expense of the contractor.
Make it know to them immediately and do not pay until they fix the entire thing.

This x 2. This is good advice.

I usually have the carpenter move anything in my way. Header off the joists and make room for my pipe.

Ever who cuts it is responsible for it.....

Back