Offset flange for lateral move?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes but don't use the plastic on with the bolt tab inside the drain. They suck. The bolt slips off or they break off
use one with a stainless steel ring. the problem with the either one is the depth of the closet been.
if the bend is shallow, you may not be able to install the offset.

offset WC flange.png

offset with stlstl ring.jpg

I hate them, I do not like them. Sometimes you have to use them.
AND here is what i have observed.
Because of the offset, The toilet is now, and will always be prone to getting backed up
due to,,,er..ah..log jambs.
a few years ago, this was not an issue, because of tighter restrictions on water usage
it has become a large issue.
my advice on offset closet flanges, If you can, bust the floor and move the 90 over
then use a 4x3 90 and a 3'' collar inside the 4'' pipe, pack the concrete around the pipe,
to stop wobble.
if you have to, but only as a last resort, use your offset flange

I just recently replaced one. 2nd floor.
Had to cut open the floor but the original builder really mucked that one up.:eek: :oops:
The center line of 3" waste line running parallel to back wall, is only 8-1/2" from back wall, between to floor joist, spaced 5" apart .
WTF. I got lucky. I used a 3" street 90 and an offset just like the one I showed on post #2.
I was a 1/4" high on finished floor so I just trimmed the street end of the 90 a 1/4"

when I took out the only 2 screws holding flange down I could flex the line up out of floor

IMG_6051.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

Last edited:
The hole in the offset is not 3", its smaller.
I did not explain my self clearly, sorry, i get in a hurry

a 3'' fitting will fit inside a 4'' pipe and is tight enough to glue

so, I have done thousands of these, I use a 4x3 90 on the rough, and i do not wrap the closet stub.
cut the 4'' off flush with finish floor and use a 4x3 closet flange inside the 4'' pipe.

ok,,,,what i was saying in the op.
cut the 3'' pipe off above the hub in the ground,
glue a 4'' pipe over the 3'' hub. backfill, concrete
then cut off the 4'' and set collar

Latest posts

Back