Odd Garden Hose Bib

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
Greetings,

See images attached. I need to find a replacement for the vacuum breaker shown. It has male fine threads on the bib side, standard male garden hose on the other. I don't have this part anymore, it was accidentally discarded. I don't know what the fine thread is, 3/4" NPT was too small, 1" was too large. Can anyone ID the valve body or vac breaker? I've only found one part online with a fine male thread/GH male thread but it doesn't look exactly like this one. The only markings I can discern are "ASSE" "UPC" and "1011"

Thanks!

Nick

Attachments

• IMG950937 (2).jpg
    IMG950937 (2).jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG950935 (1).jpg
    IMG950935 (1).jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG950936.jpg
    IMG950936.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 13
Sometimes that funky style of sillcock is called a “hydrant”, if that helps your Google searches at all, good hunting.

Contact the manufacturer directly to see if parts are available:

https://www.woodfordmfg.com/Woodford/Wall_Hydrant_Pages/Model-65.html
Note, an entirely new frost-proof hose bibb with integral vacuum breaker isn't a bank-breaker. At The Home Depot, or Amazon, there are models from $15-$25, and you can spend a lot more depending on size. As long as you remove the hose from it when frost is due, the cheaper ones will be fine. Leave a hose attached and the vacuum part will break.

Thanks everyone. Turns out it IS a woodford hose bib and they sell a replacement vacuum breaker.

Big kudos to Arrowhead as well, I contacted them with the same question and their sales rep pointed me to Woodford and even called them an "excellent company," nice to see that kind of professionalism in industry.

Cheers!

Nick

Back