Odd fishen story

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys got me wondering what a .17 was. Now I know and want one. My old trusty .22 Remington Pump is very accurate, but I did some testing and found it falls over 3' at 200 yards. Now that's a lot fall. I wonder what the .17 will do at 200 yards... Never mind, I just went and read up on it. Here's the scoop:
.17 HMR, 17 grain V-Max = +0.1" at 50 yards, 0 at 100 yards, -2.6" at 150 yards, -8.5" at 200 yards. That's the fastest round of several.

Now I know why you guys like that round.

Now I know why you guys like that round.

They are great to 100 to 150, but the wind will affect it a lot. Being such a small round, I found that after 150yards, it doesn't take much wind to move the shot around.
There fun as heck though.

I'de love to get one, but my next acquisition where guns are concerned is going to be a .22 revolver. I give concealed weapons classes and need one for teaching and for the students to shoot. All I have now in a revolver is an old H&R with the removable pinned cylinder.

I love revolvers, I prefer them to any other. I wish I could get a concealed carry but it is very difficult here in CA. Heck it's getting harder to just own a gun. I am looking at a 22 or 25 revolver myself for something to leave home with the little lady when I go out of town, right now she gets a 38 and 357 and she doesn't really like them at all.

Well as weird as Cal's govt is, at least they allow conceal carry. Don't move to Illinois or DC. Only the bad guys have guns there. And that includes politicians.

The important thing for the little woman is that she is comfortable in shooting it and it's light enough that she will carry. My wife carries a Lady Smith which is on an aluminum frame. It's a .38 and carries very nicely in her purse, but kicks like a mule. Although I dare any of my buddies who shoot by pulling the hammer back before touching it off to shoot competition with her shooting double action. She is GOOD. I'm never going to have a gun fight with her.

We ended up going out yesterday and getting her a 9MM, it fit comfortably in both our hands and shoots well.

In ten days my friend, this is CA where they make us drool for ten days before we can take our babies home.

It sucks but I guess it is better then not being able to buy one at all.

Silly people think that if I can take a gun home today I might kill someone, I wonder if they ever thought I could kill someone without a gun.

Same silly people think that if they passed a law to take all the guns away from normal citizens like myself that criminals would give up their guns too.

Same silly people made it so that I can only buy one hand gun a month because they are not used for hunting so they must be used for killing.

In Florida if you have a conceal permit you can take it with you after paying for it. No permit, it takes three days.

I agree with all your silly people remarks. It's not about making people safe, it's about making wannabe dictators safe.

It sucks but I guess it is better then not being able to buy one at all.

Silly people think that if I can take a gun home today I might kill someone, I wonder if they ever thought I could kill someone without a gun.

Same silly people think that if they passed a law to take all the guns away from normal citizens like myself that criminals would give up their guns too.

Same silly people made it so that I can only buy one hand gun a month because they are not used for hunting so they must be used for killing.

Laws for the lawless. Don't make no sense.

Speaking of guns, I just re-blued my Jennings and finally made/found the rest of the parts for that 357 I picked up and finally found the spring I was looking for, for the 38. What do you all think?

IMG_20120227_144533.jpg

IMG_20120227_144704.jpg

IMG_20120227_144857.jpg

IMG_20120227_144930.jpg

IMG_20120227_145310.jpg

IMG_20120227_145416.jpg

Guns? I dont have any guns...

;)

I would love to get a 12ga pump gun, a bolt action .223, and that .17HMR sounds like a lot of fun.

Can't beat a .22LR for plinking though.... :D

I have three 22LR rifles for Plinking. I'll take a few picks tomorrow, they are a lot of fun.

Here is the one I bought the other day, well a googled pick of it since I don't get it yet.

It is a Springfield XD9101 9mm

XD9101HC.jpg

I only have two pistols. A S&W M&P45 and a Bersa Thunder .380

I prefer to carry the .380 since its smaller and easier to conceal. The .45 is very hard to conceal unless its winter of something....

Pretty guns, I really like the .357 revolver. I like the word "Magnum" on the end, it gives the gun a little more authority.

I also like the 357 Magnum. There is something about it that I love. I usually carry the old 38 when hunting or the new 38 I bought but may switch to the 9mm. I would use the 357 but it is single action and I would have to get used to it before I relied on it to keep a boar away from me.

Here is my other 38.

38 special.jpg

That's a tiny little thing. Is it lightweight too (aluminum frame?).

My Wife carries the S&W Lady Smith which is very light, but it hurts to shoot it.

Latest posts

Back