Odd dishwasher part

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWTennesseean

Reaction score
I hope this is not too far off-topic, but here is a part my wife said fell from somewhere in our dishwasher. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. The dishwasher is a new Whirlpool, just a few months old. The part is all plastic except for one end having a small magnet in the gray swivel at one end. Any ideas appreciated. No part number stamped on it.IMG-3187.JPGIMG-3188.JPG

I think if you remove the cover plate (rectangular) under the door there maybe model#s bu5 I’m sure if you show this part to any appliance repair/store they could help whirl pool would also be the place to send the pic

Just by its appearance, it looks like it might be part of the connection of the water supply to the upper rack spray arm.

When you push the upper rack back into the dishwasher, the water supply for the spray arm plugs itself into a supply port on the middle of the back wall.

So this might go on the middle of the back wall of the tub, or on the back end of the part that plugs itself into the back wall when you push the upper rack in.

I hope this is not too far off-topic, but here is a part my wife said fell from somewhere in our dishwasher. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. The dishwasher is a new Whirlpool, just a few months old. The part is all plastic except for one end having a small magnet in the gray swivel at one end. Any ideas appreciated. No part number stamped on it.View attachment 24294View attachment 24295
Isn't it under warranty?? Contact the manufacturer, if so.

Just by its appearance, it looks like it might be part of the connection of the water supply to the upper rack spray arm.

When you push the upper rack back into the dishwasher, the water supply for the spray arm plugs itself into a supply port on the middle of the back wall.

So this might go on the middle of the back wall of the tub, or on the back end of the part that plugs itself into the back wall when you push the upper rack in.
I looked but I don’t think this part goes there. Rack has circular opening to accept circular on water supply at back wall of washer. Also this part is not really circular, adding to the mystery.

Just another theory, but could that piece be off something like a water bottle?
Something that got washed in the dishwasher?

Mystery solved. Came off a fancy can opener.
Whirlpool did send me a comprehensive parts list.
Thanks for tolerating my amateur moment on the forum.

Come on now. This was the best thread here in a long time. Thank you for letting us know!

Latest posts

Back