Ocala, Florida (unusual well setup as I am told)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDN117

Reaction score
So I have a well (first time weller) and the guy who came to install my water softener could not. He said because there were two pipes going into the ground and two in the wall that he was unsure as to where he is supposed to tie in the softener. He said my well was not the usual way so I was wondering if there is any trick or way to figure out which pipe from the well is the water supply line to the house and not the sprinklers (that is what he said one of them was. I apologize if this seems dumb or ignorant but I have no idea and I would rather get person to person info instead of paying someone a couple hundred bucks to point at a pipe.

Please and thank you for any time spent reading and or responding.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/afternoon/night

You need a better plumber! You should be able to feel the temperature difference on the pipes and determine which one is for the house, although in FL your groundwater might not be cold like ours in MN! Whatever you do don't soften the water for sprinkling the yard, you will go through a lot of salt. We have one outside faucet softened for washing windows and vehicles, any watering is done with straight well water.

Thank you. I contacted the supervisor and sadly he did not know either. I feel my home can't randomly be that different than all the other Florida houses they have done. I wanted to come on here to hopefully save some money and not have to call a plumber or well person (that's what they said to do).

As said above, take a few pertinent pictures, and post them here. There are experts here I'm sure could point you in the right direction.

So this is my well (2 pipes into ground).
He needs to know which feeds the house.
The next is my heater, pressure tank, and the soon to be installed water softener.

And the last is a picture of 2 pipes on the wall.... he also does l needs to know which of those is from the well.

Needless to say it really stinks I have a plumber and need to call a plumber to tell him how to do his job.

I thank all help.

Attachments

• 20211013_211447.jpg
    20211013_211447.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20211013_211530.jpg
    20211013_211530.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20211013_211537.jpg
    20211013_211537.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Once he cut the pipe it would be pretty easy to tell which one was from the well.

It would be the one that spews water when you flip the breaker on for a few seconds.

There is also a valve there to maybe help isolate the piping.

One pipe is probably the irrigation system (outgoing) and one is coming from the well ( incoming).

The valve when turned does nothing to the house water. He didn't want to cut anything until he knew what line was what. Again I am new to all of this so I know nothing.

I believe so. We do not have it turned on right now. I will check that later today. We just moved in a week ago.

Back