Nonstandard septic lid

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ek2021

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Currently our septic lid is basically a board and a rock preventing anything from getting in. A while back someone dropped the old lid INTO the tank (that’s another story).We need to replace it obviously. Problem is, the lid is a semicircle directly on the edge of the tank, flat side towards to edge. So none of the standard covers work. Short of making our own, which we have considered, any suggestions?5AF63C14-5EB2-40DF-91DD-4ACE95FBA9A6.jpeg

Post another picture from farther back.
Your picture is confusing, and a wider angle will make more sense.

Right now, that whole area looks like a big clusterfudge.

Post another picture from farther back.
Your picture is confusing, and a wider angle will make more sense.

Right now, that whole area looks like a big clusterfudge.

You’re not wrong, the area right now is a cluster of crap. I’ve drawn a picture for you, as even other pictures won’t help with the stones and leaves and debris in the area make it hard to see.375A0362-981F-42F3-A9B5-251265692734.jpeg

It looks like someone just banged those openings through with a jack hammer or whatever.

Do the covers need to be pretty?

Can’t you just cover the goofy openings with a big pre-cast patio block?
Or a big piece of bluestone?
Or a granite scrap from a stone yard or kitchen guy?

That tank is a Rila precast tank made in Brentwood NH They went out of business around twenty years ago .The pie shaped cover had a cement baffle attached to it .Only thing to do is get a plastic baseplate, riser[ they come 2 inches high or higher] and cover and fasten to tank .You may need a plastic baffle cemented to pipe in tank .More important to have baffle on outlet side of tank. I'm in NH too but don't check in here too often unless I have time .

That tank is a Rila precast tank made in Brentwood NH They went out of business around twenty years ago .The pie shaped cover had a cement baffle attached to it .Only thing to do is get a plastic baseplate, riser[ they come 2 inches high or higher] and cover and fasten to tank .You may need a plastic baffle cemented to pipe in tank .More important to have baffle on outlet side of tank. I'm in NH too but don't check in here too often unless I have time .

Thanks for the input! interesting to know who made it. I haven’t been able to find much info on it. We were considering the riser idea, even have it priced out. Just waiting on some warmer weather

Armed with this, I would check around with local precast places, someone should still have something, some will even do custom manufacture.

Thats my thought, Dont play around with a open tank or homemade stuff god forbid someone fell.
It’s nothing about it being homemade worries me. I just like having a nice access cover near the surface.

Latest posts

Back