Non-plumber here, outdoor faucet problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx2waveplumb

Reaction score
The frost freeze faucet() seemed clogged and I was unable to unclog it like I did last time. It hasn't been used for a few years, so I suspected hard water build up. Last time, I simply took it off and cleaned it (when I first bought the house, I haven't really needed to use it so it went unused for about 2 years) and turned the water on to push out the debris. This time the pieces came out but nothing pushed out with the water valve on and off. In addition there is one piece(2) in the pipe preventing me from reassembly it correctly (I can't fit the shaft to the screws in the back) in order to correctly assembly it. Therefore I have exposed open pipe.
It's pex connected in the crawlspace

I have a few questions:

1. Can I tape this off until I can fix it and not allow contamination into the mainline until a repair is made? This means the main water valve will remain on so we can have water. Please tell me I can because man I don't have the money even for $30 due to unseen consequences that tanked next few months budgets.

2. If you have any suggestions to try to unclog it please. I have already been under the house tapped it trying to dislodge the x blockage out (hoping it would push the piece through).

3. Recommended replacements brands?

I truly mean this when I say I appreciate any help.

Links:

1. https://imgur.com/a/R2UwlFc (the pieces)
2. https://imgur.com/D2yUCTe (center piece, top down picture. Not the best picture but it's like a rubber gasket with a plastic piece where the rubber piece was beveled and shaft pushed it in the back). It's the piece that I can't fish out and is preventing me from resliding the shaft to the threads in the back..

The frost freeze faucet() seemed clogged and I was unable to unclog it like I did last time. It hasn't been used for a few years, so I suspected hard water build up. Last time, I simply took it off and cleaned it (when I first bought the house, I haven't really needed to use it so it went unused for about 2 years) and turned the water on to push out the debris. This time the pieces came out but nothing pushed out with the water valve on and off. In addition there is one piece(2) in the pipe preventing me from reassembly it correctly (I can't fit the shaft to the screws in the back) in order to correctly assembly it. Therefore I have exposed open pipe.
It's pex connected in the crawlspace

I have a few questions:

1. Can I tape this off until I can fix it and not allow contamination into the mainline until a repair is made? This means the main water valve will remain on so we can have water. Please tell me I can because man I don't have the money even for $30 due to unseen consequences that tanked next few months budgets.

2. If you have any suggestions to try to unclog it please. I have already been under the house tapped it trying to dislodge the x blockage out (hoping it would push the piece through).

3. Recommended replacements brands?

I truly mean this when I say I appreciate any help.

Links:

1. https://imgur.com/a/R2UwlFc (the pieces)
2. https://imgur.com/D2yUCTe (center piece, top down picture. Not the best picture but it's like a rubber gasket with a plastic piece where the rubber piece was beveled and shaft pushed it in the back). It's the piece that I can't fish out and is preventing me from resliding the shaft to the threads in the back..
i looked at those pics.....i bet if you write down the brand name of the valve and the model # yo can find those parts either thru the valve company or amazon.....that's were i got parts like that.....if you are going to leave that off i would just thread the stem back in and get a plastic hose cap.....its should be ok when you order the parts get a replacement vaccum breaker kit also...if its threaded on inside you clould also just take it out an use a brass plug or cap....

Latest posts

Back