Noisy "T"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BVnLJ

Reaction score
Hi,

I added an outside faucet recently and now my washing machine makes noise when it fills with water. The "T" in located in the line that feeds the washing machine. The material is 1/2 inch copper and the "T" is a sweat fitting that also has a 3/8 npt thread where I threaded a shutoff valve in that feeds the outside faucet. I thought it maybe air trapped in the line and I bleed it off I think. Every time the washer calls for water we get this screeching / howling noise. Can anyone help?

Thank you
BVnLJ

IMG_3075.jpg

Did you ream the pipe after you made the cuts? if no then this is likely the problem.

Did you ream the pipe after you made the cuts? if no then this is likely the problem.

I was scratchin' my head on that until I read your comment.
Your probably right on that. Good call?

thank you Mr david, as a giver of advice whom I've grown to respect in this forum I appreciate it.

So BvnLj, WAS it a good call ?

Thanks Guys for your help. What I did was clean out the screens at the washer, bleed the lines of any air and that appears to have solved the problem. If it continues when my Wife does the laundry, I will un-sweat everything, ream the pipe again and re solider. I will post again my findings.

Thanks again

BVnLJ

thank you Mr david, as a giver of advice whom I've grown to respect in this forum I appreciate it.

So BvnLj, WAS it a good call ?

Thanks Liquid as I also enjoy and respect your comments and advice.

Back