No water coming out of outside hose faucet!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like everything was out of that faucet. I would un-sweat that spigot off the copper, than turn the water
on full blast and see if the water flows out the pipe. If it does then put a new sweat faucet back on. If not then you
got a problem with the copper line from where it tees off the main line.

Gate valve is term for a certain type of shut off. Means, you have to turn it numerous times to open the "gate" inside the shutoff valve itself.

Would this also be in the boiler room next to all the other pipes including the Main water shut off?

All the valves I see are Ball valves.

Sorry my dude, can't help much else without seeing. As the photos you uploaded, they aren't showing for me. Need to see what we are talking about to try and help. Could very well just be some parts hung up in the copper. Let me see the photos before you do anything crazy. Sounds like a gate valve of sorts. If so, the back o ring does get siezed and you won't be able to run water through it. Might've left some parts behind.

If it worked a few months ago and nobody messed with your plumbing then the valves are probably not shut off.

Ozzi gate valve is literally a term for a certain type of shut off valve, much like ball valve is. Gate valve is a numerous turn type of shut off. Meaning you turn it several, several times. It's not a hidden thing. It is just what it's cslled, a shut off valve much like a ball valve. No disrespect, just trying to make it as clear as possible.

Looks to me like everything was out of that faucet. I would un-sweat that spigot off the copper, than turn the water
on full blast and see if the water flows out the pipe. If it does then put a new sweat faucet back on. If not then you
got a problem with the copper line from where it tees off the main line.

If there was a problem with the copper line, could this result in a leak?

How would I go about fixing this situation?

If it worked a few months ago and nobody messed with your plumbing then the valves are probably not shut off.

About 3 months ago, we did have some guys install a new washer and dryer in the main floor tenant suite located on the right side of the house (opposite the broken faucet). Im not sure if they may have turned off any valve...If they did, where would I look for this?

That's a possibility . Go where he worked at and look for any valves in that area and make sure they are open. If you open
one and that doesn't fix it then close it back up.

That's a possibility . Go where he worked at and look for any valves in that area and make sure they are open. If you open
one and that doesn't fix it then close it back up.

I will go check that out and let you know.

I can't tell from the photo that shows the faucet from the front, to see it's open to the pipe from the wall. Are you able to see back into the pipe, or maybe stick a flexible wire or some similar probe into the opening to see how far in you can push it? If the faucet worked a few months ago and no water is coming out, then the faucet must be closed and the stem that connects to the handle is broken. If you can stick a probe back past the wall, then there is a problem inside the house (crawl space or above ceiling space) where there is possible a shutoff valve that somehow has been closed since yo last used the valve. But first check with a probe and see how far in it will go.

Is this a single family dwelling or a multi unit complex. If multi unit someone somewhere shut a valve that your faucet is on. That valve is just a boiler drain and not frost free so the valve isn't defective. Something is shut off somewhere.

Latest posts

Back