No water coming out of outside hose faucet!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzi23

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out why my outside spigot is not working. There is no water - not even a drop or leak. My house is only 10 years old, I have two faucets on both sides of the house. The one on the right side is working perfectly fine but the one of the left has completely stopped working.

Ive tried taking apart the spigot and all its pieces, leaving only the stem sticking out from the wall - but still no water flows from the pipe.

I don't know what to do at this point, theres no leak in the house or floors to presume and pipe bursting and I don't even hear the water flowing. Its as if the water leading to the faucet has been shut off, but Ive looked everywhere in and around the house trying to find a closed water line....

Everything is open and flowing except this one faucet.

What could possibly be the reason for this?

Do you have a basement? Is it drop ceiling or no? Has any work been done on the city water line recently?

Do you have a basement? Is it drop ceiling or no? Has any work been done on the city water line recently?

No basement, just a main floor and upper level.

No drop ceiling.

I don't believe the city was working on the water line, but my neighbour on the right did have work done on the gas lines put in by the city...not sure if this would affect it.

Shouldn't, or else itd show in the yard. Have you ever used the spigot before?

And it would show on your water bill. Water leaks jump water bills up noticeably. At least the ones I've ran across.

Shouldn't be one outside. Mind you, shouldn't being the word. If anything, there is one inside. Or it potentially never got hooked up. Would need to see plumbing pictures. Meaning pictures for where it ties in under the house.

are there tees off of your water main with valves controlling each branch?????? see if one is off

All valves are opened. You think there may be another valve hidden somewhere? If so, where would be the most common place?

Hold on, just reread the post. You left the stem in the spigot when you took it apart? Water on and the stem of the faucet was still in?

Must be a gate valve of some sort for the spigot? Sounds like it's probably seized into place. If it is a gate valve, can you continuously turn the handle and nothing happens?

Hold on, just reread the post. You left the stem in the spigot when you took it apart? Water on and the stem of the faucet was still in?

Im not sure if thats the stem, but if you look at the picture I uploaded, I dismantled the spigot as far as that. I was not able to take off that other piece as Im afraid Ill break the pipe sticking out.

My phone won't let me see the photos. Keeps pulling up the speed dial in my calls. So did you take a screw off the end of the handle? Was there another screw inside of that? Did you pull about a 8" slender piece out with a few o rings?

Must be a gate valve of some sort for the spigot? Sounds like it's probably seized into place. If it is a gate valve, can you continuously turn the handle and nothing happens?

I don't see any gate valves with handles. The only handle is the red one on the spigot itself. Where would this gate valve be located?

Gate valve is term for a certain type of shut off. Means, you have to turn it numerous times to open the "gate" inside the shutoff valve itself.

My phone won't let me see the photos. Keeps pulling up the speed dial in my calls. So did you take a screw off the end of the handle? Was there another screw inside of that? Did you pull about a 8" slender piece out with a few o rings?

I took a screw off the red handle on the spigot, took of the red handle cap, pulled out a piece of 3" metal that I assume is used in turning the handle,

..and thats all. No 8" rod or anything.

Latest posts

Back