No plumbing in old house...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamBamm

Reaction score
The 3bed, 1bath, 1,400 sqft house was built in the '50s if I remember correctly.
The previous owner deleted all the plumbing except for the copper inlet. I already changed the size from 1/2' copper to 3/4 Pex and its first stop is the toilet. I plan to run 3/4 Pex throughout the house reducing down for sink connections. I am looking for the best water pressure for the tankless heater, tub, sinks, dishwasher, and clothes washer. I will be using probably a 2" drain to connect to the main sewer line from all of these.

Are there any tips you can give me to help out, I can not afford the lowest bid of 8k to replumb. I should mention there are no vents installed and I don't know where to put one.

Thank you for reading and your time,
BB

You can’t use a 2” pipe for the main drain or the toilet.

You need at least one 3” vent through the roof.

I suggest buying a good plumbing book and start studying.

I have a 4" sewer line from the toilet, I am just running a 2" line from the washing machine.

I have a 4" sewer line from the toilet, I am just running a 2" line from the washing machine.
Good deal, a good plumbing book would give you some basics to follow but here on the forum we can give you pointers also or clarification.

Back