No hot water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baillini

Reaction score
  • Hot water pressure has sudden changes occasionally.
  • Changes to hot water pressure are accompanied by loud clanging in walls in our townhouse (four floors), especially when pressure is restored.
  • Cold water has never been an issue.
  • The water heater seems fine - pilot light on, pipe is hot coming out of heater and heater turns on at appropriate time.
  • Seems to occur more often when our washing machine is running, I don’t know if they’re related.
Please help me figure out this problem! Our hot water pressure is currently out.

The washing machine has electric valves that open and shut very quickly.
This can cause water hammer, which is when moving water causes the pipes to shake and bang from its momentum.
You can get water hammer arrestors that attach to the washing machine supply valves, they act like shock absorbers.
Just google it, very common situation.
Home Depot or anyone will have them.

Baillini, for now it's almost the same problems with my pipes and pressure of not just hot water, but cold water as well. I've tried everything I knew about it, and now simply think of calling emergency plumbers from Plumbing Heroes firm. I've heard some positive recommendations about this firm, and that's the only reason I want to hire them. I'm a little bit disappointed that I cannot resolve this problem by myself.

The washing machine has electric valves that open and shut very quickly.
This can cause water hammer, which is when moving water causes the pipes to shake and bang from its momentum.
You can get water hammer arrestors that attach to the washing machine supply valves, they act like shock absorbers.
Just google it, very common situation.
Home Depot or anyone will have them.

Thank you very much for the reply!

Since it’s a common pressure concern with hot and cold water pressure, take a look at main col water supply valve and cut off valve at meter. Sounds like a valve partially closed. Sometimes old supply valves get stuck only partially open.

Latest posts

Back