No hot water pressure in 1 shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucab

Reaction score
Posting for the first time.

We have a 4 year old townhome in which one of the 3 showers( one that gets used the least) has no pressure in when I turn the mixer from cold to hot. Also it's important to note when I have the shower running on cold and switch to hot, as soon as I turn the handle to middle the shower shuts off(lose all pressure).

I tried a new cartridge, but it didn't help. Also tried putting that cartridge into a different shower and it works. So I'm 100% sure it's not the cartridge. This started happening randomly.

Brand:CAE
Cartridge: HK-40.

Attachments

• 20210503_211400.jpg
    20210503_211400.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210503_211700.jpg
    20210503_211700.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210503_211716.jpg
    20210503_211716.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 13
Try opening your valves one at a time to see it you are getting any water pressure. Do this while everything
is open and then flush it out.

Posting for the first time.

We have a 4 year old townhome in which one of the 3 showers( one that gets used the least) has no pressure in when I turn the mixer from cold to hot. Also it's important to note when I have the shower running on cold and switch to hot, as soon as I turn the handle to middle the shower shuts off(lose all pressure).

I tried a new cartridge, but it didn't help. Also tried putting that cartridge into a different shower and it works. So I'm 100% sure it's not the cartridge. This started happening randomly.

Brand:CAE
Cartridge: HK-40.
Hi, did you find out what happened ? I got the same issue but haven’t tried the new cartridge yet since I sudden got all 3 of them lost pressure after the plumber replaced the pipe. He didn’t know why too :(

You've tried exercising the stops? The flat head screws on the left and right. Sounds like your hot isn't coming on.

Latest posts

Back