No hot water in bathroom sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughmannface

Reaction score
The title sums it up, but here's the details. Hot water works fine everywhere but the bathroom sink. Cold water works fine. When I turn on the faucet, you can hear that it's open and trying to go, but at best, I get a little dribble.

The problem started when I had to turn off the valves under the sink. The cold came back on like normal, but the hot suddenly has no pressure. Next time I turned on the sink, it came out weak and then slowed to nearly nothing, and that's where I am now.

Thanks for reading

The washer has most likely came off the stop valve stem and broken into pieces.

You’ll need to turn the water off at the main or the water heater and bleeed the pressure down.

Then take the stop valve apart and clean everything out and replace the washer. Or you can replace the entire stop valve.

Take some pics under the lavatory and show us what you have

Additionally to twowaxhack., if you have a shutoff valve/angle stop under your sink., turn water off there., unhook hot side line., then turn it back on, if you have flow., see if it comes thru the braided line., if good their, you know it's the faucet

The pictures are in order, coming out of my water heater, under the sink, the water heater itself.

Twowaxhack, I'm a complete novice, so I'm not sure entirely what you're looking for, So if you were asking for pictures of something else, please let me know

MrInfoPhilly, same response. Is that the valve that you're looking for under my sink?

Attachments

• PXL_20220120_042738709.jpg
    PXL_20220120_042738709.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20220120_042727721.jpg
    PXL_20220120_042727721.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20220120_042753294.jpg
    PXL_20220120_042753294.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
You could start in the faucet or start at the stop valve taking it apart and checking for flow or debris.

You have galvanized pipe at the water heater. Not good. Water heater is getting old.

The pictures are in order, coming out of my water heater, under the sink, the water heater itself.

Twowaxhack, I'm a complete novice, so I'm not sure entirely what you're looking for, So if you were asking for pictures of something else, please let me know

MrInfoPhilly, same response. Is that the valve that you're looking for under my sink?
First., In my opinion., Your Plumbing valves., all 3, and that water heater are at the END of it's life., So be prepared to at minimum, ready to replace the Angle stops., thats the shutoff valves under the sink. If you replace them., use 1/4 turn angle stops., you have compression style stops currently there.

To figure out the issue., start with, closing the hot side under the sink., and at the shut off valve side under the sink., remove the hose/nut from the hot shutoff valve under the sink... Once removed., slowly turn the valve on to see if you have decent flow. If the flow is good the problem would likely be the line leading to the faucet., or the faucet., it self.

Report back.

Back