No hot water at kitchen faucet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joecoolaug

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a strange problem I can’t figure out. My kitchen faucet has always worked great, but we decided to upgrade to a new model. Since then, we’ve been through 3 new models all of which turn to a trickle when set to hot water.

I’ve checked everything I can think of: the rest of the house has hot water and the disconnected hot water line has a full stream of hot water, but for some reason when connected to the faucet supply line, all that comes out is a lukewarm trickle. What are the odds I got three faulty faucets in a row? The new faucets are all the same type as the former: single handle with hot/cold mix.

What else could possibly be going on?

Only other recent change is a hot water dispenser that was installed 4 months ago connected to the hot water line, but this didn’t affect the hot water previously.

Attachments

• 65326619477__F0A210AC-7C56-4083-BFB7-E566B04162EB.MOV
    2.3 MB
Video doesn’t work for my iPhone

Take pics of the faucet

You probably have sediment which needs to be flushed out. Before hooking up any faucet, put your supply lines into a bucket and work the valves open and closed a few times, then hook them up to the new faucet. You'd be surprised how much crap is in your water lines, which will clog faucets. Try removing the aerator to see if you can clear out the sediment.

Hi,
I have a strange problem I can’t figure out. My kitchen faucet has always worked great, but we decided to upgrade to a new model. Since then, we’ve been through 3 new models all of which turn to a trickle when set to hot water.

I’ve checked everything I can think of: the rest of the house has hot water and the disconnected hot water line has a full stream of hot water, but for some reason when connected to the faucet supply line, all that comes out is a lukewarm trickle. What are the odds I got three faulty faucets in a row? The new faucets are all the same type as the former: single handle with hot/cold mix.

What else could possibly be going on?

Only other recent change is a hot water dispenser that was installed 4 months ago connected to the hot water line, but this didn’t affect the hot water previously.
Also check your supply line to make sure it's not kinked

Latest posts

Back