No d box?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinitypro

Reaction score
We moved into our home a few years ago and have been dealing with a high water table and drainfield issues.

We have dug up the drainfield and have realized that whoever installed did not put a d box or clean out pipes so we have no access to the pipes.

We want to jet the pipes as we suspect a clogged field. Can we do this thru the outlet pipe in the sump chamber? I realize it’s not going to individually hit every pipe but we feel the 1st pipe closest to chamber is clogged.

Also any advice on working with a high water table and clay?!

Install a D-Box so you can distribute the flow evenly.

If they didn’t install a D box then one field line is probably getting most of the flow until it quits then overflows into the next lowest pipe. This kills your drain field.

I used a cheap D box a few years ago and it’s working great. I can open it up and regulate the flow to each field line. I installed cleanouts at the start of each field line so I can monitor its flow.

The outlets of the D box gets a flow regulator so you can adjust the outflow to each fieldline. The box must be set level and stay that way.
2639E545-4CB3-4917-8F2B-C068390059D0.pngE046DFE0-73BF-4415-BFFB-A77A44A9DBB9.jpeg

Latest posts

Back