No COLD water - unknown cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomis

Reaction score
I have no cold water coming from the shower ... only hot! I guess the cartridge is not working anymore. The problem is I don't know the manufacturer. I thought it's Kohler but I talked to them and it's not.
The cartridge is 8 years old.

Anybody recognize it from the attached pictures, please help.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• 20181112_135138.jpg
    20181112_135138.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 20181112_134826.jpg
    20181112_134826.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20181112_135307.jpg
    20181112_135307.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
No, this does not match my setup ... by "pressure balanced mechanism" I was refferring to the most left piece from the first picture (the one with blue gasket).

Your old volume control is in pieces. That is one cartridge disassembled. By “pressure balance “I mean it’s the long part of the new item that replaces the old 2 piece unit. By volume control I mean the total cartridge in front. It may have come apart on its own but it’s 1 unit. First link I sent you is just for volume control. Scroll down to frequently bought together. You will see the second piece the “ pressure balance”

The yellow still in valve body needs removed. Keep pulling till only brass left.

Thanks, I've got what you are saying but I'm not convinced the pressure balanced valve fits ... seems to be too long, there are 4 holes on the sides which will require another for in the brass piece (which I didn't see it yet), where you put the handle it's round while the original is square ... though I might buy it and go from there.

I called the manufacturer and they said my cartridge it's not a Pfister ...
If anybody has another idea, please pitch in.

I thought of doing it but I'm afraid I'll break it. Does it show the part number on the brass, under the plastic part?

sorry took so long to reply been a crazy week. its ok if piece inside breaks youll get a new one with new cartridge. it has to come out. its just stuck in there. try needle nose pliers with force. also remove cover plate there may be a retaining nut holding it in as well.

Closure: after many calls to different plumbing companies, no one was recognizing the cartridge (someone said might be european type); luckily, I found the technical specs at the bottom of a box: it is an Uberhouse from Rona!! The thing is they are not making the same model and the new one (which supposed to be compatible) was leaking (probably because the holes were not exactly matching and the seal could not make up). I had to replaced it and I put a Delta instead. Now wife is happy again :)
Thank those who tried to help!

Latest posts

Back