Newer house with a 7" toilet rough in

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First picture shows what pipe looks like. CT-18 had me worried that I was going to run into a pipe to pipe connection. Thankfully I did not. I was able to cut about 2 inches from fitting, put in a street 45 fitting. Then a 3" to 4" 90. Then a 4" pipe to bring up to the right height for the toilet flange to sit flush. It ended up about 11.5 inches from the back wall (which I think will work) As you can see in last picture there is a hole in the sheet vinyl that will be about 50 percent exposed after the toilet is installed. I think I'm going to cheap out and not get new vinyl for the whole bathroom and just live with a small patch.
I know this is a plumbing forum, but if anybody has any advice on how to put in patch so I don't have to worry about water getting through the seam, I'll be grateful.

Thanks to everybody for the advice.
And my words of wisdom for builders...put your walls on the right side of the chalk line.

First picture shows what pipe looks like. CT-18 had me worried that I was going to run into a pipe to pipe connection. Thankfully I did not. I was able to cut about 2 inches from fitting, put in a street 45 fitting. Then a 3" to 4" 90. Then a 4" pipe to bring up to the right height for the toilet flange to sit flush. It ended up about 11.5 inches from the back wall (which I think will work) As you can see in last picture there is a hole in the sheet vinyl that will be about 50 percent exposed after the toilet is installed. I think I'm going to cheap out and not get new vinyl for the whole bathroom and just live with a small patch.
I know this is a plumbing forum, but if anybody has any advice on how to put in patch so I don't have to worry about water getting through the seam, I'll be grateful.

Thanks to everybody for the advice.
And my words of wisdom for builders...put your walls on the right side of the chalk line.

Great job. It's not always the carpenters though. When these are put in originally, there are no walls. It's called a ground work. Plumbers have to pull off of footers and hope the plans are right. Believe me. Been there done that, have had to bust up a lot of concrete. I have seen worse.

I'm happy to see you actually listened to what the experts had to say and chose the best option. Many times, people post looking for some magic epoxy to magically make stuff stop leaking or some super easy way of doing things. When they are told something other than what they want to hear, we never see them again and we waste our time trying to help. Reality is, to do things right sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty. Good job on the repair, your bill will come in the mail :)

Latest posts

Back